The design of Zimmatic’s® lateral move systems allow farmers to irrigate up to 98 percent of a square or rectangular fields. With a choice of water supply and guidance systems, each lateral move system can be customized to individual needs and situations.
Two- or four-wheel carts are available, depending on system requirements power can be supplied by an onboard diesel and generator set (plus onboard pump for ditch-fed systems) or by commercial power delivered through a heavy-duty, mining-type cable -Zimmatic lateral move irrigation systems can be guided by furrow, aboveground cable or buried-cable methods.
- Vision for laterals user-friendly design, built specifically for lateral irrigation
- Allows you to automatically control your system with a touch of a button up to 15 times faster to program than other competitive models.
- Easy to use interface, quick view of key information
- Patent pending EZ Water Wizard saves water and labor by automatically varying water rates – no area is over or under watered
- Precise control with GPS positioning Up to 20 water zones can be created in just a few steps
- Supplied with water through a large-diameter hose attached to a pressurized mainline
- Pivot and/or towing options for use on adjacent fields for increased coverage area
- Uses 2-wheel or 4-wheel cart (depending on field size) with four-, six-, and eight-inch hose (102, 153, 203 mm)
- Can use existing ditch at field edge or one in the center
- Ditches can be unlined or lined with concrete or plastic and can accommodate grades up to one percent
- Depending on ditch type, water is supplied through a floating intake or a floating self-cleaning filter screen
- For a concrete ditch, a traveling weir assembly is available
- Only available as a four-wheel
VISION for laterals creates an entirely new experience for growers. Its user-friendly design, built specifically for lateral irrigation, allows you to automatically control your systems with the touch of a button.
- Specially designed Zimmatic controls with multilingual and metric capabilities
- Informative display makes irrigation management easier than ever
- Manage the system from the Web or phone with optional FieldNET controls
- Easily program water application rate by selecting irrigation amount
- Apply fertigation and chemigation using integrated accessory control
- Up to seven towers plus overhang equals a total distance of up to 1,341 feet (408.7 M)- for maximum field coverage
- Able to irrigate multiple crops
- Zimmatic standard, medium, and high clearance tower options to meet specific crop height needs
- Pipe available in 6 5/8-inch (168mm), 8-inch (203 mm), or 8 5/8-inch (219 mm) diameter.
- Pivoting lateral hose-fed with electrical pull cable or engine generator set
- Exclusive Zimmatic collector ring designed to eliminate water flow restrictions
- Four-wheel versatile common platform allowing for 720-foot (219 m) hose. Also available as ditch-fed option.
- Six-wheel high-traction platform allowing for 920-foot (280 m) hose